Saturday, February 13, 2010

So Happy Being Me

You know I'm thrilled to be me...I mean, who wouldn't be?  Thrilled to be you, that is.  Think about it...we were designed by God, yes GOD with our own special characteristics, quirks, idiosyncrasies and other really cool descriptive words that make us all unique!  While I might want Serena's thighs (they are some of my Lord's finest work) or Beyonce's knees (have you seen her knees? they are fantastic) or Michelle's arms (will I be able to achieve that if my arms are much shorter than hers?) or Halle's boobs (she's got a great set), NONE of them have the KT-ness that God specifically designed for me.  So when someone tells me they only want a specific part of me for their pleasure, I'm just effin ANNOYED and I want to tell them to kiss the meatiest part of my black a$$.  But I can't say that in certain scenarios (if I want to continue to get paid) so I just smile and say "ok" or something similar.

Let me tell you about the plight of happy people...(happy peole, holla if you hear me).  Here's the deal.  Yes, I'm a joyful person or as my girl, Jamillah, puts it - Joy Rising.  On top of that, I'm pretty damn funny.  And those that get to encounter me and enjoy MY joy, come to expect it.  But guess what, that's not the entirety of who I am. It's tough to live up to that expectation.  So I stopped trying.

Actually, I'm rather complex.  I'm joyful, contemplative, reflective, observant, silly, irritable, completely inward, often outward, and a ball of other emotions that run the gamut.  I've learned that the cauldron (Olympic reference) of emotions that I am make me far more interesting.  I have the absolute BEST pensive look (ask me to show it to you the next time you see me).  So when people don't get "Joy Rising" from me, they wanna know what's wrong and even have the nerve to demand it.  You know what?  I think that's selfish.  And it REALLY irritates me - so much so that I wanna smack 'em or (in the words of my dear Jackie Jones) push them down - really hard, where they scrape their knees AND their palms and get gravel stuck in the wounds.  Think about that - who in the hell are you to demand someone display a particular emotion or behavior for your pleasure and entertainment????  Give me a freaking break.

The next time you uninteresting, selfish people decide you'd like to suck the life out of one of us in the happy clan or demand a particular emotion from us - kiss it and know that you have the potential to get a good cussin (at worst) or slapped (at worster).  Instead - DO YOU!  Figure out how to rise (not a typo) your own joy.  Look inward for what you want from me.  I guarantee you it won't be what you'd get from me, but you may be surprised at what you can conjure up on your own.  And guess what again - you NEVER have to worry about me demanding an emotion or behavior from you because I'm way too busy living and loving the life I have.

Be happy being you - cuz I'm really really really happy being me...in fact, downright ecstatic!

5 comments:

  1. You are and always where a fresh breathe of air. As one of those "B" people who had to sit behind the "Au" person in school, I remember getting looks from more than one teacher because I just couldn't help myself from snorting (the sound, not drugs!) from something that would continually be coming out of your mouth that was just the funniest thing of the moment and the look. You know I still remember your look, that look that says come on, you know I'm right! lol

    Be well and blow on!

    Toni B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, first of all, AS SOON as I'm finished typing this, I'm googling Beyonce's knees - I'm so excited!

    KT, I LOVE YOU!!! I too, am very happy being me...took me a while to get there...a little spiritual guidance, maturity, the birth of the boy and the girl and the challenges of marriage, all had a part in this realization. Thank you JESUS for self awareness!!

    When you are happy, I mean truly filled with joy, it stays with you, no matter what environment or situation you happen to be in at the time, but your joy can not be stolen... if you let it. Those selfish bastards who choose to only delight in this part of you can and will try to suck it out, leaning back, hands folded in lap, ready to be entertained - huh! That's just disrespectful, so KT, I join you...and you know I feel you!

    I too, have been a victim of the "joy suckers" and I say JOY RISERS - UNITE!! Don't be afraid or ashamed to have a "less than joyful moment" because you're say...tired, or not a morning person, or don't feel like talkin' right now, or focused and need to get this work done, or hungry...lawd when I'm hungry it's NOT pretty.

    Yes, we're Joy Risers and people indulge in us (so much so that we should be selling tickets) but dammit we're human too, so please stop being so fuc@#in disrespectful and if you're THAT insipid to where you need MY joy? Step aside, and kindly wait until the next time "I Rise".

    Jamillah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was wonderful

    jaj

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a kid growing up, I had great memories of watching a Japanese Animation, Voltes V, which became a mass cultural phenomenon in our country.

    Everyday, after school, all the kids in the neighborhood gathered in our home to watch Dr. Armstrong's superbot kicked some bad Boazanian a$$ until they are pulped to the ground!!!

    Oh, we all felt an adrenalin rush whenever Go Kenichi, the leader screamed "Voltes Fiiiiiive!!!" and five independent defense systems unite to form into a sixth defense powerhouse system.

    Let me get a bit technical here and forgive the nerdiness. Uhurm. The joining of the five separate defense machines is made possible by the releases of tremendous electromagnetic power that polarizes the combining components of each machine. Thus, Voltes V is locked to together not by ordinary method but through tremendous magnetic energy.

    So, where am I going with this...(IF I MAY),

    After reading this blog, I enter a world where KarenDeniseAustinTownsend screams, "JOY RISERS UNIIIIIIITE!" and the tremendous magnetic energy is widely spread where there's a lot of joyful cussin, knee scrapin' and corporate ass smackin'.

    And forgive me, but I will not look up Beyonce's knees either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo late, but I am just now reading Bibs' response and I finally get why she sent me (and KT) that ridiculous (at the time) "Voltes V" video!! Forgive me Bibs, for thinking you had lost your ever-lovin' mind...all makes since now! And you know, I never did google Beyonce's knees...Voltes Fiiiiive!!!!!!!

    Jamillah

    ReplyDelete