Friday, January 1, 2010

DO....DOING...DONE!!

Well, I'm finally doing it!  I've been talking about what I was going to do in terms of blogging for far too long.  What better time than the first day of the year to actually get it done.  I'm planning on a Nike kind of 2010 where I JUST DO all the things that run around in my head.  This is a big damn deal because there is quite a bit going on in this moderately sized head of mine.  My dreams are ENORMOUS which means the plans the Lord has for me are GIGANORMOUS (Jeremiah 29:11/Ephesians 3:20).  

So...welcome.  I'm looking forward to sharing my passions - in the form of rants (there is a lot of stuff going on in THE world and MY world that are rant-worthy); my favorite favorite favorite breakfast spots (it IS the most important meal of the day, you know); the stores/boutiques/retail experiences that bring me awe-inspired joy and touch me in the deepest recesses of my soul; and websites/blogs that I think are crazy kool.

Now that I've told you what I'm gonna do - a little about me. 
  • Once, I was trying to share something about me with a guy I'd met and I asked my friends to tell me about me.  "Crazy as hell" came up a LOT!  So it looks like the consensus is that I'm crazy as hell - in a funny she's so crazy I can't believe that girl said/did that way, as opposed to a stalky could be an episode of Snapped way. 
  • I'm not a morning person  - in terms of talking/chatting, that is.  (This may have something to do with the relationship I have with my Bed.  Bed is very possessive and never wants me to leave him.)  What's really traumatic about this is that I have an 8:00am meeting at my workjob every day.  All that talking just dances on my nerves.  10:00am is a really good time for me to begin people interaction.  In fact, chatty morning people DO push me to the point of becoming an episode of Snapped.
  • I am a person blessed with the most extraordinary family EVER!  And the wonderful friends in my life often bring me to tears...not because they've pissed me off but because I can't believe how wonderful they are.  I see people who don't have great friends and I pitty them....like I wanna give them a hot pickle with a peppermint stick down the middle (don't knock it till you try it) and tell them it will be ok.
  • I'm a PK so I was raised in the church and love the Lord (but I do drink and cuss a little).  As I've grown, I've developed a very personal spiritual relationship with the Lord that's waaaay better to me than what I learned being in church oh so many days of my young life.  As a result, I don't judge people.  I am a daily benefactor of grace and mercy - so when people do stupid stuff (as I have done/will continue to do), I just shake my head and say "Bless Your Heart".
  • I experience things like other people never do.  These experiences have come to be known as Classic KT moments.  I don't go out looking for the crazy ish that happens to me or around me but I take meticulous mental notes (sometimes written ones with pictures) so that I can share in detail with my family/friends/loved ones (or anyone with a sense of humor). And then we all get to share in those "remember when you went out with that judge who looked like a pimp" moments over a cocktail.  (BTW, I do carry a flask that either has tequilla or vodka at all times).
Basically, I march to the beat of a different drummer (I've never met this drummer guy and he doesn't drum before 10am, so we're good); dance to music you've probably never heard (in fact, I am an expert at chair dancing, car dancing, AND Bed dancing); and sing songs that have never been written (I sing songs that have been written, too - but the unwritten ones are classics in every since of the KT word).  I love me and me loves me back (all in a mutually-respectable fashion).  I am Classic KT!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for displaying your 'madness' in a public forum...perhaps now u can get the 'professional' help that you need!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Karen! Especially the part about you not judging people. Judging other folks is probably the stupidest thing EVER especially b/c 9 times out of 10, the ones who are so quick to judge, their stuff ain't even together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this is a perfect platform for you to share your world. Great way to kick off the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On behalf of the world...thank you for sharing all that is KT...and you really are CAH, but I wouldn't want it any other way!! Never stop SHINING!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is exciting KDT!! All of this sharing is bound to increase my vocabulary!! HA!! What a creative way to start the new year by just doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog!!! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. KT this such a perfect thing for such a social yet private person such as yourself. It's inspiring...your new Nike life style!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the blog world Honey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. KT, you have such a natural gift! Thank you so much for sharing with us. I am totally inspired, and enjoyed the read. Bravo! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure DO remember when you went out with that judge who looked like a pimp...

    ReplyDelete